Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sometimes I work...

Working hard at my fancy desk
It hasn't been all parties and stomach aches over here. Believe it or not, I have been working, and I have a picture to prove it.

While things at the university have been a bit slow, I have managed to keep myself pretty busy. Today I even had 1 student show up for class! Mark one in the win column.

A few weeks ago, I helped organized a webinar at the Embassy for local English teachers. About 20 teachers participated in a worldwide, interactive seminar.
Webinar at the Embassy




Teaching Access students

playing a vocabulary game
Look how much fun they are having!

I have also been working with the English Access Microscholarship Program at a high school in Cazenga, which is a pretty rough neighborhood outside Luanda. The kids there have really impressed me with their enthusiasm for learning and I'm really enjoying working with them.


*The English Access Microscholarship Program (Access Program) provides a foundation of English language to talented 14- to 18 - year-olds from economically disadvantaged sectors through after school classes and intensive summer activities. Participants gain English skills that may lead to better jobs, educational prospects, and increased opportunity to participate in future exchanges. Since its inception in 2004, over 70,000 students in more than 85 countries have participated in the Access Program.


No comments:

Post a Comment